Wednesday, March 19, 2008


From: Russ Quinn <saipanruss@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:32 PM
Subject:high elbows

Hi Jamie,
How are you doing?  I just read the update on your website.  You know, some of those old ladies with IV drips are pretty fast (might want to have them tested), I find that high elbows work well.  If that doesn't work, Courtney's paintball gun will take the spring out of their step.
 
.
 We had a good Xterra/Tagaman Sportsfest, but you guys were definitely missed.  I, of course, won the go-carts (cart #10 was very fast), there really wasn't much competition this year. 
 
Well girl, keep your spirits high, and know that you have people from all over the world sending thoughts and prayers your way.
 
Cheers,
 
Russ
--

From: Circ Cindi Toepel <circindi@msn.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Subject: Your attitude is your altitude!
Hey Jamie!
 
We want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!  We are praying that God's will is for you to recover fully and come back stronger than ever.  We really need your motor home parked next to ours so the 'trailer trash' can hang out together!  We know you are a fighter so keep it up. If there is anything at all we can do for you or Courtney, please don't hesitate to let us know.
 
We love you,
Cindi and Circ
 


--

Date: Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Subject: Kickin @*$!


Hi Jamie and Courtney,


This is Jen, Chris Holmes daughter.  I spoke with Christopher a few nights ago and he gave me the scoop on your condition.  I'm very sorry.  Words can't even begin to express how taken aback I was when he told me.  Chris told me that you are planning some kind of fundraising event.  I want you to know that I will be flying from Pennsylvania to support you and your cause.  You and Courtney have been so good to me and Christopher over the years. I remember the first time I raced a downhill race with your dad, I was scared to death but Courtney took care of us.  So PLEASE keep me updated.  I just wanted you to know I will be flying all the way from Pennsylvania to attend your event!!!! 

Your an ass kicker Jamie!  I don't know what else to say but KICK ASS and FIGHT!  You know it won't be easy.  You have never been a victim only a fighter, after all you don't win World Championships any other way.  Everyone is here for you.  Your mentally one of the strongest women I know, and you have an unyielding faith in God.  You can't ask for much more.

Please keep me updated! 

Stay positive (as hard as it will be)!

Jen Cornelison



--
Date: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 4:45 AM
Subject: Prayer

Hey Jamie,
My dad said you remembered me when you were last back on Saipan. Even
though in NZ, I think of you often and show off the photo I have of us
after the Tagaman a few years ago.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read your letter, but God is in
control. Everything is in His perfect timing.

I just wanted to let you know that you've got prayer coming from New
Zealand so that you can get back out there and show others what God can do!

Caleb


--
From: Dusty Robinson <dusty@fleetfeetsacramento.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Race Hard!

Hey Jamie,

    Dusty & FF gang here!  I check in on your website at least once a day and we really appreciate the updates of how you are doing.  We are all thinking of you and praying for you.  It will be a long race but I know you race hard and you always come back.  You probably don't even remember but I will never forget my first Chanoko Duathlon with TBF.  I look over and there you are, we say hi, how you been, etc.  As a true runner amongst a bunch of multi-sport athletes I knew I had the run portions in the bag.  I feeling pretty proud of myself that I came out of the first run pretty well…actually in front of you I found out later.  But I knew you would be coming soon, sure enough….woosh…there you went on a downhill.   I will catch her on the run I said.  Well I did catch you at about 1 mile in to the 2 mile run.  I had you…..but guess what you race hard and you always come out on top.  It was the most hype I had ever heard at the end of a race….the hype wasn't for me though.  I, the true runner amongst multi-sport athletes, just go out kicked by the X-terra World Champion and Mark Shaw wasn't going to let me forget.

 

Race Hard…and we all enjoy racing with you!

 

Dusty

--
Subject: Stay strong
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:17 -0500

Jamie,

I recently read your update on Triathletemag.com, and I felt compelled to send you a note.  I am sure you are receiving an amazing number of supportive emails lately, and I wanted to add mine to the lot.  Please do not feel that you must reply to my note; I do not want to add to an overwhelming situation. I only wanted to wish you well in this battle.

As your email address indicates, you are one gutsy girl, and you'll get through this challenge healthy, happy, and even gutsier.  Stay strong, stay positive, and remember to still have some laughs along the way!

I look forward to seeing you at your next race... and I won't call it a comeback race, 'cause you're really not going anywhere!

Take care, and all my best to you and your family.

Michael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just breathe. just move. just live and live and live!