Saturday, August 22, 2009

BACK AT IT!

I am happy to inform everyone that I have been doing really well lately.  I made my way back to the gym where I have been putting in about 2hrs of various things like elliptical trainer for 20-30min, weights for 40min then swimming for about 2500y.  It has been great.  I almost feel normal again except for the limp!

 

At first it was hard.  My legs were so week form 2 months of lying on the couch.  Even swimming felt awkward.  But after a week, things started to get better especially with swimming.  It feels wonderful to be back in the pool.  It had been a year since the last time I was able to swim and with the hot summer the timing couldn't have been better.

My strength is getting better each week and it has only been 3 weeks.  It is always the first hurdle you have to get over before things start to come around.  I am able to vacuum which is not my favorite thing.  This may not seem like much but one month after surgery I could barely push the vacuum across the rug!  I had to have my Dad come up and help clean my house.  Thanks Dad!

These days I am getting to the gym about 3 days a week and resting the other days.  I am hoping to be getting a special elliptical trainer for my home so I can work out more.  We also have our endless pool up and running so I have been using that.  What a great tool to watch my stroke more closely.  One of my athletes will be up next month for a training camp and we will be able to video tape and analyze his stroke.  I am very excited to finally be able to do that!

In the meantime I am sorting through about 2 years of paper work and rereading all the cards everyone sent me while I was battling cancer.  It is nice to look back and see how far I have come especially when I get frustrated with my situation.

Thank you so much for your continued support and prayers!

Powered By God,

Jamie
PS I've already sold one bike. . . 4 to go!

4 comments:

Jake said...

woooo!!! these updates make me giddy! im so glad you're getting back at it; it shows that all of our prayers are worthwhile; plus we can see that they're being answered. Remember to give God the glory all the way!

one other thing: i was interviewed by the local newspaper here in Lincoln prior to my hometown race (XTERRA BOLT). i mentioned you and the encouragement you gave me in Saipan as the reason for getting started in XTERRA ... they quoted me on that. Kind of awesome that you graced the pages of a po'dunk newspaper in the midwest.

Ed Nobis said...

Jamie,

So happy to hear you are feeling much better. I check your web site a lot and was rewarded with your good news......Ed

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude!

Unknown said...

Jamie this is Arva from Phoenix you know the camp..think about you often and pray for you since this all began...just crummy about expressing it. Know that there are probably others out there who you have touched that you do not hear from but pray for you with there whole heart...love you girl. thank you for remaining faithful..God will deliver.
love
ya
arva